CNRS-L/LAU PhD Award Program 2017-2018
As part of the agreement between the National Council for Scientific Research of the Lebanese Republic (CNRS-L) and the Lebanese American University (LAU) for the co-financing of doctoral studies, many doctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2017-2018. Download the Application Form.
These awards are exclusively for Lebanese students holding a Master’s degree (or equivalent) recognized as such by the two institutions (CNRS-L and LAU). Considered eligible, Lebanese applicants under the age of 30, and having 14/20 (French system) or 85/100 (American system) as overall average in the Master’s degree (or equivalent).
- See more at: http://cnrs.securehostsite.biz/site/SubPageAwards.aspx?pageid=344#sthash.6vgpJM2U.dpuf
Selection Criteria and Priorities for 2017-2018
This year, the CNRS-L has set up a new evaluation mechanism in which all the indicators related to the candidate, the supervisor and the thesis proposal are considered. For example, the excellence of the candidate and his academic background, the expertise of the supervisor and the coherence of his research activities, as well as the subject relevance to CNRS-L priorities (see annex) and its pertinence to societal challenges, are part of these indicators. Priority will be given to proposals related to a research project funded, partially or fully, by CNRS-L (GRP, ARU, CEDRE, CNRS-AUF, etc.). On the other hand, and in harmony with CNRS-L innovation policy, applied and innovative proposals will be strongly encouraged this year.
Finally, special attention will be paid to issues of scientific ethics and integrity.
In addition to the eligibility conditions mentioned above, the CNRS-L Doctoral Fellowships are subject to the following restrictions:
- The CNRS-L fellow can’t engage in any paid work and can’t receive an additional grant from any other source than the CNRS-L / LAU agreement.
- The scholarship is awarded to candidates in the first or second year of PhD.
- At the results announcement, the candidate must declare his intention to accept or refuse the scholarship, and this by an official letter addressed to the CNRS-L. In the case of refuse, the candidate must state the reasons behind his decision.
- The beneficiary of the fellowship must clearly and explicitly mention his funding program (CNRS-L/LAU) in all scientific publications and contributions related to the PhD work (articles, oral presentations, Posters, and proceedings, etc.).
- If these restrictions not respected, the scholarship is stopped and the fellow agrees to reimburse all the funds he has already received from the CNRS-L.
It should be noted that in order to obtain the CNRS-L / LAU fellowship, the candidate must be a fully devoted to his thesis work, and that the thesis may be prepared within a co-tutellle or co-supervision with a foreign institution.
Contents of the Application File:
- Application file with original signatures
- Identity card (civil register-إخراج قيد فردي)
- ID photo (صورة شمسية)
- Curriculum Vitae; Copy of Baccalaureate & University Degrees; Transcript of Grades
- Applicant’sLetter of Intent (attach to application)
- Two letters of recommendation (attach to application)
- Publications by applicant (if any; attach copies to application)
- Doctoral admission
- Ethical issues table
The application and documents listed above must be submitted to:
Mrs Gracia Zgheib-Mahfoud
Graduate Studies & Research; ext. #: 2547
Byblos Campus, Block A, Room 705
Lebanese American University
Electronic version to be sent to: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is June 30, 2017.
- See more at: http://www.cnrs.edu.lb/english/fellowship-and-awards/scholarships/cnrs-l/lau-phd-award-program—-2017-2018#sthash.PH1srQ1q.dpuf