Graduate Studies & Research
Institutional Review Board
The Lebanese American University (LAU) Institutional Review Board (IRB) is responsible for the review and approval of research projects involving human subjects conducted at LAU and the LAU Medical Center–Rizk Hospital (LAUMC–RH) or by its faculty, students and staff at outside locations. The primary objective of the IRB is to ensure that the proposed research conducted under its auspices encompasses the ethical principles of the Belmont Report and the protections provided by the regulations and guidelines governing research.
News and Announcements
Quick guide for researchers.
As a researcher, you are likely interested in submitting a protocol to our office for review. The best place to start is by:
- Submission Requirement
- Application, Forms and Supporting documents.
- Human Subject Protection training (New!)
- Investigator’s Manual - Policies and Procedures for guidance.
- LAU IRB Full board meeting dates, if your protocol requires a Full Board review.
- The website will also help you plan ahead and give you guidance on the time it takes for a protocol to be reviewed and approved by the LAU IRB.
Christine Chalhoub, BScH, CRA, CCRP, CIM
Director, IRB Office
Karmen Baroudy, M.Sc.
IRB Office, 2nd floor Dorms A, room 704, Byblos Campus